Search This Blog

Thursday 20 June 2013


Taraji P. Henson Finally Gets That TV Guide Cover!

A little over a year after she lambasted TV Guide for excluding her from its cover, Taraji P. Henson finally joins the cast of Person of Interest on the cover of the latest issue of TV Guide.
Back in September 2011 TV Guide was doing a story on the CBS show but only planned on only featuring the two male leads.
Taraji slammed TV Guide saying, “WOW TV Guide!!!!! Being a member of 2 academies I honestly have no words!!!!! I am the female lead of a 3 member cast and I’m not included on the cover!!!!!! Do you see the sh-t I have to deal with in this business…..I cram to understand!!!!”
TV Guide quickly responded and dismissed her claims of bias saying that the magazine decided to explore the relationship between the two male leads.
“We’re certainly fans of Taraji Henson and her storyline on the show was never intended to be the focus of our cover story,” Debra Birnbaum, TV Guide’s Editor-in-Chief explained. We even noted that Taraji was not featured in any of the show’s promos – she’s still not in the ones I see.
Taraji’s role on Person of Interest was expanded earlier this year by the producers and lo and behold she’s now on the cover alongside cast mates Jim Caviezel (Passion of The Christ) and Michael Emerson (Lost).
“I just stated a fact. And the people spoke. And then CBS pulled the whole cover,” Taraji explained about her decision to call out the magazine.
“I get that all the time. Sometimes I admit, I feel like. ‘Can I catch a break?’ That wasn’t the first time it’s happened and that won’t be the last. This was just one time I chose to speak on it.”


No comments:

Post a Comment